Thursday, March 21, 2013

Wallet Challenge Reflection

In the design process we had to do a few things.the first thing we had to do was ask questions about the persons wallet and we had to use the answers to have insights about what they wanted and/or needed. we then thought of three to five ideas, it didn't matter how crazy they were we wrote them down and drew sketches for each one. the final idea we came up with was a wallet he could colour on or print things on to (that is why it is white and has scribbles on it). Then we showed the person our ideas and they gave us feedback, with the feedback we made a final design. we the sketched the final design and made a model of it. after we made he model we showed the person it and got some more feedback. we wrote down the feedback, like there was any ideas, positives, negatives or any questions. then we shared our creation with the class and told them what the person wanted, why and what we made.




My final design wasn't far from the initial idea the ideas didn't really vary they all had the same purpose. The part of the project I got stuck on was the idea part I found it hard to come up with lots of ideas for the purpose of having a wallet show your personality, so the ideas didn't really vary too much. I never really got a "A HA!?" moment. Empathy contributed to y design because I also want my stuff to show my personality so i wanted to find ways to do that, like the stores where you can make your own hats, t-shirts, jackets, underwear, etc... Making the prototype helped me realize the space for the slots and pockets and that the size of the wallet actually mattered. My partner really liked the idea of printing or colouring things on it because then no two wallets would be alike, he also liked the prototype because he had enough space to put the things he needs into it but he never gave too much insight on it he just said he liked it. I could have better prototype making and questioning skills because then I would find the process easier. I don't think i would make a version 2.0 with any new physical features, only like interchangeable covers and the texture of the wallet.




No comments:

Post a Comment