Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wikiseat Post-interview

We had to make our wikiseats to solve a problem, I decided to interview my mom. Her problem that I tried to solve was that she was fifty, so when we go to the gym she gets really sore for a while and is really tired afterwards, so I wanted to make her a chair that is comfy to sit on so she can rest.

I interviewed my mom while she drove me to work, I asked her the basic questions like, what would she want her chair to be like, and things like that. She said she wants it to be the size of a normal seat and for it to be comfy for her butt. She didn't want anything special with it, she wanted to be like a normal seat, but it would be a stool so it could be more portable than a chair. With it more portable she could move it around the house and let others use it if she is feeling nice. She wanted the colour of the seat green because that is her favourite colour. It wasn't the best interview but I now have the basic idea of what she wants.

Now what I need to do is get the materials for the seat then start construction. I will try to get scraps of wood and scrounge for other things to make this chair. If i cannot paint it the seat cushion will be green. Then I will need to find a space to build it, most likely downstairs because there is space for activities downstairs, and the tools are downstairs. I just hope I don't get any slivers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment