Monday, April 8, 2013

Weerollin Response/reflection Перепелица

On Wednesday, March 27 we had a Skype presentation by Derek Perkins, the inventor of the weerol. He talked to us about how he made the weerol and the design process he went through. he told us about his background. Derek said he got the idea of bending wood from Charles Eames.


Derek originally thought he was going to be an engineer but he said he wasn't good at math so he decided to go down the design path. He went to BFA Industrial design and, Rochester institute of technology 1994. His past work included consumer appliances, electronics, sports equipment and web design. When he explained this I started to think about what I wanted to do when I grow up, and what i might have to do when making my wikiseat. I also learned the importance of kickstarter to get my idea across to people and to see if it would actually work. When he made the toy he got lots of feedback from children that he let play with the weerol to see how much it could handle. the basic shape stayed the same, but the purpose changed from being just a seat and storage to a multipurpose child vehicle.





The process he described to us to make attachments for the weerol was:
1. Define the problem
2. Collect information
3. Bainstorm and analyze
4.Present Ideas to others
5.Designing Attachments Strategy



No comments:

Post a Comment