Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Documented Progress of My Chair

My design for my chair was that it kinda looked like a throne meeting a bridge. When I made my second model it had to more ergonomic because it was too straight on the back, so I had to give it more of an angle. I also gave it a half circle in the back so that it had a similar design to the side of the chair.
First Model Side View
I got some of my inspiration from my Pinterest design board. It helped me because it had so many different and unique things that I could see. Below is the URL to my Pinterest design board.

 http://pinterest.com/purplelitza/furniture-design-board/


Second Model Side View
 Google sketchup really helped me with making my model. I found the measure tape tool helped me the most by getting the lines straight and really helped me line up my mortises and tendons. If they were not lined up right the entire chair would not work at all, it would just be a bunch of cut wood.
First Model Front View
While creating my chair i had to make some reality checks to make sure that people would be comfortable and to make sure that the chair fit design standards. I had to make it more stable from side to side because it is really stable forwards and backwards, I also had to make the back on more of an angle so it would be more comfortable for people to sit on.
Second Model Front View

My Second Design in Sketchup

No comments:

Post a Comment